Fall is fast-approaching. And winter, immediately after. Here are some things that are good for both seasons!
Boots. Who doesn’t love a pair of cute boots that you can wear anywhere? They jazz up your outfit and are extremely comfortable.
Nothing can keep your feet warm and comfortable more than a fluffy pair of socks can. Pull some over your feet and sit with your friends by the fire while enjoying this cold season with some movies and s’mores!
Baggy sweaters can keep you warm all over – and they are super chic and stylish in the season!
Beanies make your outfit look just that much better and they add a little something. While still keeping you warm and they definitely make a difference.
Scarves can add that little splash of colour to your outfit, or even help tone it down. Wear something simple, and style it up by wearing a scarf around that neck. Everyone will be staring.
Its a bit unusual, but manicures help make the fall and winter season that much more fashionable. Wear different designs on your nails and it makes the perfect accessory, without being too overpowering and overwhelming.
Here’s another manicure I personally thought was just absolutely beautiful
This new take on the Ombre nail is sure to make a bold statement on your girls night out while still remaining understated! This ombre’d effect of dark to light color striping is perfect if you don’t like your nails to do all the talking, but it still attracts the perfect amount of attention.
This manicure is all about layering different colours to create different effects and just requires 5 easy steps!
- Black Nail Polish – Try Chanel “Black Satin”
- Dark Grey Nail Polish- Estee Lauder “GK Caviar”
- Silver Nail Polish – Ginger and Liz “Tuck Me In”
- White Striping Brush/ Nail Art Pen – The New Black “White Stripes Pro Nail Striping Brush”
- Super Thick Top Coat – Seche Vite
1. On a clean and dry manicure paint two coats of solid black on your nails.
2. Take your dark grey polish paint a thick stripe down the center of your nail leaving only about 25% of black polish to be seen on either side of the grey stripe. You will need to paint the grey stripe in two separate sweeps straight down from nail base to free edge in order to create thickness of the stripe.
(Note: In order to ensure a clean sweep of the brush creating a straight line- make sure that you clean off the grey polish brush into the bottle so that there is no excess product that could potentially drip down to make a mess.)
3. Let your dark grey polish dry for a few minutes and then take your metallic silver polish. Clean off brush in bottle and then in one straight sweep, paint a brush stroke of silver down the center of the dark grey.
4. Let the silver polish dry for a few minutes and then take your white striping brush and paint a very thin line down the center of your silver polish for your final color of layering. (Note: Waiting for all your layers to dry is very important because if you paint your next color over the last layer while it is still wet- you will drag the colors and create bumps)
5. Finally seal in all your colors with a super thick and fast dry top coat.
You can then get ready and glam yourself up for the other part of the night!
F.Y.I: Twitter: @stephstonenails
I found a classic Stephanie Stone nail-art design! Perfect for people who don’t have time to invest in elaborate nail-art and still use their nail as an accessory.
- NCLA: “Eight Days A Week” Pastel Blue Polish
- NCLA “Like Totally Valley Girl” Baby Pink Polish
- Essie: “First Timer” Pastel Green Polish
- Silver Striping Tape (Available here)
- Sally Hansen Cuticle Nippers
- Seche Vite- Super Shiny/Thick Top coat
1. Start with a clean and manicured nail plate and paint all your nails a solid pastel blue using NCLA “Eight Days a Week.”
2. Color Block your mani! Take your pastel green polish (Essie “First Timer”) and clean off the stem of the brush into the bottle so that there is minimal polish on the brush and stem. This is important because it will help you avoid making a mess and improve the precision of your paint job. Once your brush is clean with minimal polish on it, place your brush at the center base of your nail and paint a straight line upwards to the free edge of the nail. Fill in one entire side of the nail so that that your nail bed is split in half with both colors. Repeat this step with your baby pink polish (NCLA “Like Totally Valley Girl”) on a few accent nails to give you mani a little extra spunk!
3. Once you have given your nails some time to dry apply your striping tape. If you couldn’t color split your nails perfectly straight in Step 2, that is okay because applying the striping tape will clean up your line and make it look really sharp. When applying your striping tape lay the end of the tape at the base of your nail in between where the two polish colors meet. Unroll and lay flat on to the nail upwards to the tip of your nail. When you reach the tip use your cuticle nippers to cut off excess striping tape. Make sure to cut it short enough so that the tape is lying flat onto nail bed and there is not even a little extra tape hanging off the tip. If your striping tape is too long it will lift almost immediately by getting caught on things throughout the day. (You can find striping tape for $1.00 here)
4. Apply a super thick and shiny top coat like Seche Vite. Applying a top coat will smooth out any texture or bumps in the nail polish from layering the polish colors. The top coat is also very important because it will lock in your striping tape. Not to mention chipping prevention!
And there you have it! A super fun nail design for all occasions.
F.Y.I: Twitter: @stephstonenails